Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring. Happy Blogging.

 Happy FIRST day of SPRING!
Happy FIRST home.style.heart BLOG POST!

Thanks for stopping by.
This may be a little bit of a slow start (see "about me" for other things that occupy my time) but, I'm glad you're reading along.  I hope for this space to encourage you with simple ways to make your house a home - a place where you can get ideas, inspiration, tips, etc...
I'm sure I'll have some growing pains along the way as blogging isn't necessarily my strength. But, I wanted a outlet for my creativity and I have a little dream of starting a side business of design and decor.  Even if this dream lives through blogging and instagram it feels good to do this!

Photo above: our dining room farmhouse table w/ an $8 runner from Marshalls and a floral hostess gift given to me from hosting a brunch last week.

Marshalls, TJ Maxx & Home Goods are great "go tos" for table runners.  You can often find them for under $10.  Another simple runner idea that is easy peasy and VERY affordable is a roll of cute wrapping paper (think $1 section of Target) unrolled on table.  Going to the fabric store and buying burlap is also a fun and versatile runner.  In my opinion, a runner adds a lot to a room is a great foundation for a fabulous table setting.

No comments: