Tuesday, December 29, 2015

:: Some holidays details ::

a little glimpse into home.style.heart Christmasing...

The wreath above is one I made for my dad while walking through the pines on the property where I grew up.  I love creating; when I can create and be outside I feel so content.  Creating is the at the center of home.style.heart - creating homes and rooms where you feel most content and connected to your home.  

A couple of my favorite dishes from this past holiday season included: North Pole pie, lattice crust apple pie, million dollar dip [THIS DIP IS FANTASTIC], stuffed pork tenderloin & my Nanie's rumball recipe...
I always try to find time for some handmade projects.  This year: popcorn cranberry garlands & hand sewn ornaments.

  
This season, I strayed from the traditional Christmas colors, for my mantle, and added light some blues and yellows.  I will probably thin out the decor on the mantle and leave this color scheme up for the New Year.  I love how it feels really wintery without being over the top Christmas-y.
There you have it - a few little details - short & sweet.
Merry Christmas.
xoxo,
home.style.heart

No comments: