Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The remodel: BATHROOM.

Last time we talked "bathrooms" here's what ours looked like: 


There were A LOT of unexpected obstacles, that came up after this picture, causing a major halt in the renovation process.  Mainly, my husband had an injury and then the stomach bug reared it's ugly head though our house.  Did I mention our washing machine broke?  

...moving on from the *ahem* delays - here's more progress...

Boys trying their hand at setting tiles. Makes my heart happy to see them learning from Daddy.
Hi, tile!!
oooo, ahhhh, the grout!
 I am very pleased with the subway tile and the dark gray grout.  I like the "old fashioned" feel of the darker grout and the contrast against the white tiles.  
One last pic to show there's still LOTS to do:
Aiming for a "bathroom renovation marathon" this weekend...
Wish us luck and stay tuned!

Sources: tile, grout, shower fixtures: Home Depot

2 comments:

Manda said...

This is looking sooo good - I love the tile!! I got all prepped to start some minor updates in our bathroom and then realized everything would have to wait till we found some material we need for the sink, so I feel for ya on the obstacles causing delays! :( And boo on that bug - we had it a few backs too. So awful. Can't wait to see this all finished!

home.style.heart said...

Thank you! We still haven't even picked out our sink - just tackling one thing at a time. Good luck with your bathroom update. It's exciting but a little stressful too - isn't it?! :op